11.07.2011

those who favor fire

vintage cardigan- Le Sweater
belt, top, necklace- vintage
flares- Free People
boots- JC Studded Tardy from LF


after dinner with friends 
we made a fire at home.  
the weather finally permits
 but really... 
i could sit by a fire any time of the year. 
lazy 
novel 
happily possessed i am
 as i become a slave to it's riotous flames and husky breath.
i literally cannot leave the hearth. 
i have no desire but to feed it. 
and when i add bessie smith to the mix 
i swear i can feel my fascia melt into my bones.  
i think that the elements help keep you in the moment 
because 
fucking hell 
i am totally without the binding pull of past or future 
when fire burns 
waves crash 
i dig in the earth 
or the wind blows and howls.

9 comments:

  1. So in love with your shoes!!
    blackfashionbird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is beautifully written. I feel the same way about fires. You look dynamite as always! Love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had the legs to wear flairs!

    *Check out my Skinny Love!*
    X Zoe X
    http://intrepidinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flares are really blowin' up my skirt, metaphorically because I'm actually wearing sweats and an apron.

    Don't ask. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was the best thing someone has ever said to me! THANK YOU *

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute pics!!!!! Looks very fall and very cozy :)

    Julie
    www.celebrityowned.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. girl you have perfect pants!
    http://cookieswardrobe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your fire-Paul

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...